HybridZ

Cool wheels for a GTO replica

Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

Mine are the ones by Dayton Wire Wheels - not splined hub. I tighten them once after I've had it off and have checked a couple fo times and no longer worry about it. FWIW, I once had my tires rotated on a Toyota pick up and they apparently didn't tighten one of the wheels properly because a few miles down the road I felt a looseness and pulled over to see what was wrong. The nuts o one wheel were about 2 turns out from tight so I doubt the wheel would fall off without boucoup warning.

Ditto - mine are Dayton's as well and they don't have a spline in the center of the hub. They are splined on to the large backside of the hub to the adapter. So it's kinda hard to explain - I think you have to see it. The way they are splined allows them to handle much more torque then having the splin in the center of the hub. Also, the knockoffs or right and left hand threaded so they tighten as they turn.

You install them with the supplied lead hammer and I have never had one come loose. They tell you to check them after 25 miles and the at every 100 miles for the first 500 miles but I have never found one loose.

http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/