HybridZ

Need a good source for forged pistons?

Guest jt240z

Guest jt240z

I've been looking at building a second turbo motor for higher boost then my current motor. Right now I'm running at 15psi using a basically stock bottom end. The only changes to stock are ARP rod bolts, diesel Maxima main cap bolts and Total Seal rings.

My next engine build up is going to be more aggressive and along the 20psi max boost range. I'm shooting for the 400RWHP mark. What I'm looking for is a good source for forged pistons. I've looked at the JE, ROSS and Venola pistons. I'm leaning toward the JE pistons but I'm not sure yet.

Does anyone have a source for good prices on forged pistons? Are there any opinions on what would best suit a high boost L28?

Hello Jt,

Im running the Je Pistons and actually really happy with the workmanship of these units I ended up getting mine from Rebello Racing in CA.

They had a good turn around.. I ended up going 88mm and moving the pin height to allow my 240z rods to work. So far so go (knock on wood)

Well if you need any numbers let me know

Later

Ron

Guest JAMIE T

Ron, I am going to be ordering some pistons soon myself. A shop I do work at gets descent prices from JE. They buy direct from JE. I am building a 3 liter. LD28 crank, L24 Rods, and a 87.5 mm bore. Do you think JE will have enough information on hand to build the pistons? Or, will I need to supply them with stroke, rod length, deck height, pin height, etc...? Is your motor a stroker as well? Only with a larger bore than what I want? Can you give me the part number from your pistons?