HybridZ

differential upgrade?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i hear there some in the houston area using the r-200 turning 9's , but i was told they were not lowered. i even lined up to a strip only 240 one nite and he pulled the wheels. he beat me, but i was catching him on the big end and i even had a better et. but he had a better 60' than me, and a better reaction time. at houston raceway park on sunday nites they have an instant green tree. i like it better than the count down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

update! last week i took off my companion flanges. smashed my thumb-ouch!!! sent them to ross so he can weld his adapters on that will allow me to install the z-31 shafts. should get an e-mail back soon that he recieved them.

Guest hf240z
i have a 280z v8 with a r-200 and a quaiffe and starting to brake u-joints . i`m turning mid 11`s with a 60' time of 1.6`s. i may in the future install an ati procharger. my next step is to consider if the r-200 and z-31 c/v shafts will handle the added hp. i may need to try to upgrade. ross says to go with z31 c/v`s. but i am wondering if it would be better to go with a different diff. one that has more strength and cheaper gears,without costing an arm and a leg to purchase and install. i am seeing the r-230 and the 300z being installed. if any one can help , please let me know.

just in case u decide to go r230lsd, i am willing to trade mine from 90 300zx with your r200lsd..

Guest Anonymous

since i have already payed for the shafts and adapters, i will give `em a try and see how they do. but will keep your offer in mind. thanks. mark