HybridZ

frame rail replacment simplified...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

Ok after cutting out my passenger side frame rail (along with some of the inner fender) with a sawzall I have decided to do this.. Im gonna get some 2 inch square tubing which will fit into the radiator support as stock did and then attach it to the fire wall via a square. I mean square as in a support piece im gonna have fabricated at a steel fabricator. The square will be attached to the rail and will be approximently 3 inchs wide and 3 inches long but only on the tops and side i dont know if you can visualize this or not? any ways heres the part i was thinkin of doing out of orginality.. instead of cutting a pocket for the crossmember mounting point i have decided to use two longer(stronger if i can find um) bolts and run them all the way threw the rail.. This seems to ease the complications of cutting. This will also keep the strength of the rail from weakining! what do you guys think, ill post pictures soon as i get done.. being a college student and full time employee it may take months.

Z ya later

Jebz