HybridZ

V6 5speed questions

Jwink25

I am supposed to be doing a 280ZXT swap in my 240Z but, I have come across a deal. I would trade my 67 Cougar that needs restored for a complete and running 5.0 engine and a 5 speed out of a V6 stang.

Would the V6 5 speed hold up every long under the load of a stock 5.0? I heard of people doing this. The Z is a much lighter car...would the shock load to the tranny be any less? If I don't dump the clutch at every stop light could I get the V6 tranny to last a while?

Another question, what do I need to change on the V6 tranny to get it to work. I think I need a different pilot bushing...anything else?

The high cost of building up my turbo engine to 350 HP has got me considering the 5.0 swap again. I already have the 5.0 mounts. I could just sell all my turbo stuff and put that money into the brakes and stuff.

Give me some feed back guys...

Thanks!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1320the260

the V6 5 speed is just a T 5, they are rated at 300lb ft after 91 i believe... just before the T5Z was introuduced... one of my good friends is a big mustang builder and he said that after 91 the T5 was rated at 300 or over...