HybridZ

Need tips on fixing wipers ASAP

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

This past winter my wipers stopped working. I tried another motor(not sure it was any good either), but no dice. I replaced the switch(combo switch) last summer. They worked fine, but alittle slow. Is it likely the motor is bad, or is thier a relay that could be bad? It has been raining it's arse off here in the mid-atlantic states. I've just been applying Rain X every couple of weeks. My other car(the one I pulled the motor off of) has a completely rusted/galled wiper mechanism. One of the pivots doesn't pivot. Anyway, I broke it trying to loosen it up. Anybody have one of those I could get?

• 4 weeks later...

My wiper go klunk, klunk klunk... while going across. I'm hoping it will work itself smooth over time? The speed is kind of slow too, with a slow normal speed and fast isn't much faster. I suspect the degrade in performance is from the old wiring, just like everything else. There aren't any relays in there because iit's controlled electronically.

Maybe somebody has a pinout so you can bypass the controller?

:?:

Here's a new thing I noticed:

Do your wipers OVERLAP?

What I mean is that they should overlap in the middle to give a completely wiped strip across the windshield. When I adusted the arms so they park nicely at the bottom of the window, they don't overlap, and it was noticeable driving on a day with light drizzle. I hope I won't need to rely on them to wipe the whole window in real rain.

Is it possible I adjusted it wrong, or asssembled it wrong? It seems like there was only one way to assemble, with yth only adjustment being the position of the arms on the pivots.

:?: