HybridZ

Finally getting the urge back to work on my Z.

I've been away from my Z-car ever since last summer. When I left it, it was definitely not in any shape to drive all the way up to my school, and I didn't want to hazard the chance of damage to my baby, or, heaven forbid, theft. I've worked on it the few times I've been at home, but for the longest time I haven't had the drive to get anything done. My main problem is that I got into motorcycles. For the past five months all I have been able to think about is bikes! And why not, super fun and convenient to ride, 50mpg (VERY nice in these expensive times)... But tomorrow I am packing up my stuff and moving out of the dorms to head home for summer. Waiting for me is a new two-speed Taurus fan which I hope will solve the cooling problem of the one-speed fan. Time to fab up some mounts and do the wiring. Relays and switches and thermostats, oh my! I HATE wiring! For those of you that are using the ubiquitous 2-speed Ford fan, how do you have yours set up? I HATE cooling problems almust as I hate wiring so I want to get it right the first time and keep my car cool so I can keep my eyes on the road instead of the temperature gauge. Next project after it runs cool - change the oil! Time to flush out my 100miles of break-in metal dust. Then, rejet and tune my trusty 650 double pumper. Break it in some more. Change the oil to synthetic! Build a roll cage! Bigger wheels? Flares? Front brakes? Racing seats! Oh, god, I love my car! For the first time in what feels like forever, I'm getting that warm and fuzzy feeling about my car.... :D

I'm running the Griffin 24x19 (I think those dimensions are correct, off the top of my head)

The problem is that the car runs awesome while underway, but stop at a light and the temperature creeps up really fast to levels that get me worried. Just hoping to pull some more air at stoplights.