HybridZ

My wheels just showed up

boatbum

My wheels just showed up for the VR. Now if I can make up my mind to keep fussing with the clutch and flywheel or let my friend put in the V8...

True knock off style - proper adapters for the Z hubs and offset is perfect. Can't get 15x8 with 3 7/16 offset so I went with 15x7.

15x7 Front and 15x10 rear. I can get more at $1500 a set of 4 if someone wants them.

Wheels.jpg

Just what I need, another great wheel option :roll: They look great, I can't wait to see them on your VR. I see you made it to Florida, another good excuse to head south this winter :D

Oh yea, don't loose that address I'll probably end up asking for it

- Joe

No Problem Joe :)

I had a hard time tracking these down. My friends were giving me a hard time for even considering to go "wireless" so I kept at it.

I had to order these through one of my businesses because they only make them for OEM so I will have the info 'forever'

If you want a set - just let me know.

I have almost made it to Florida. I leave in 2 weeks. Although the VR might not make it all the way south right away. It is looking like I will leave in Tennesee for a V8.

Teo

BTW - any Hydridz'ers are always welcome in Florida.

I am semi-retiring to Apollo Beach where I bought a house right on Tampa Bay. We have a nice guest room and a pool. People are always welcome but you might get suckered in to helping with some chore - like hanging in the hammocks and making sure the water doesn't jump out of the pool. :wink:

Fighting hard with the city to get my permit for the 4 car garage :(

Of course once my wife starts decorating the house and I get a few more boats, I will have to get 3 or 4 jobs and there goes the easy life :D

VR is starting to come along. I spent about 8 hours getting the passenger door, cheeks and bonnet lined up. Now that I know the tricks - the drivers side should go quick.

Now I need to update my website with all that I have done - but the move keeps my busy.

Catch ya later.

T

Hmmm, I might take you up on that! Lynn and I are heading to Orlando the week of the 18th of June through the 21st for a teacher's job fair (she's a special ed teacher - hearing impaired). We're thinking of relocating to south FL this summer, or next - Ft. Meyers is in contention. I, of course, can move my business wherever.

Wanna see what those wires look like installed? Surf to;

http://www.modelsport.com/gto

. . . where I've put a few pics of my GTO conversion on my company web site for private viewing - including the fabulous wire wheels made by Dayton Wire Wheel.

John,

Those wheels will look nice on my ride. Your ride looks great.

I made some desicions on mine this week. I am putting in the Chevy with side pipes for exhaust. And for now I am just capping the stock Datsun Dash. This should realistically get me on the road around August and I can do the new dash later.

We are about 90 minutes from Orlando - so give me a buzz when you are heading down.

We also looked at Fort Myers but Apollo Beach won out. Has a more eclectic flair to the town and less people. Of course they are adding 3 more developments so it will grow but for now it is pretty sleepy.

Guest cag4

What size tires are you running on the new wire wheels?

Looks like you went for the Dunlop GT's, which I also just installed. Mine are 245/60TR14's all around.

My wires are older Mclean's (not knock offs)... might be interested in making the switch to a true knock off -- how did the adapters work out?

Thanks,

Charles

BTW - Dayton Wire Wheel http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/index1.shtml has 72 spoke real knock-off wire wheels designed just for the Datsun/GTO replicas. They are 15" with Datsun adapters and they have the right offset so they look (and fit) right on the kit.

Also, if anybody is interested, I used Dunlop P205R70’s up front and P225R70’s on the rear.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=236622

http://www.hybridz.org/Review/0002/Ferrari_GTO.htm