HybridZ

Weiand X-cellerator gasket, torque, etc

It has been about ten years since I installed this weiand 7564 x-cellerator aluminum intake and now I want to put it on my brothers engine. Does anyone have the papers or know the torque sequence and torque setting for it? Also does someone have a part number for a gasket that will work with iron heads from maybe autozone or advance auto so I can pick one up? I know this is simple stuff, but the holley/weiand site doesn't seem to have any info. I tried to email holley tech support and the address bounced.

Thanks

Guest greimann

I don't believe gaskets are unique to the manifold. If you get a gasket that is intended for an aluminum manifold, it should work. You might want to measure the ports because they are most likely a little larger than stock., and order a Fel-Pro gasket that will fit. The Summit Catalog has a good table for this. The touque and sequence should be in any Chevy engine manual, but I have found that torque is "tight as hell until it stops leaking".

Ok, thanks. I couldn't remember since it came with the torque sequence, if it might be different than a stock intake. I'll just use stock torque sequence then. I'll tell them at autozone its a marine engine and see what kind of gasket they bring out.