HybridZ

I/C and LOW psi turbo..

ZR8ED

Hey guys. I know this may sound real newbie of me, but...

I understand that i/c's are generally not very effective in low boost applications (on a low compression engine)... a VG30ET for an example..hehe

Well currently, I have my t3/t4 hybrid on and 2.5" i/c pipes and a large i/c... question is just for curiosity, but what are the effects of running very low boost through this system. During my breakin of the new engine, I have been running 5 psi.

I am currently waiting for an oil change, and a quick check up to ensure everything is cool. I will then start turning up the boost.

The car ran fine.. had plenty of torque etc... I'm just wandering if the i/c and all the piping was actually impeeding performance during the time I was running low boost..

Yea dumb question...but hey i've never run LOW boost before! :D

Thanks.

While an intercooler isn't absolutely necessary at low boost pressures, it should still be beneficial, due to the lower intake air temps it will allow. You should be seeing a horsepower gain from it even at 5psi.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Your doing nothing at 5psi with that turbo and a intercooler. You can bump the timing way up to make more power but that car should be at 15psi and I am sure it will.