HybridZ

Attn ZXers w/the (worthless) spare tire

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...i've been checking around....and think i'm onto something......

we've been plagued by that worthless spare tire since they quit making the the inflator cans for 'em.....so we pretty much had to have a spare flopping around in the back or just do w/o.......i was thinking....they make co2 and nitrogen tanks to run these "paintball guns" off of.....they are small (will fit where the OEM inflator can was) light weight...and pretty tough....i think they'll work as a substitute for the old inflator cans......

.....any opinions? .............s

I carry a small compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter for inflating my "donut". It's about 8X6X4" and fits easily in the area under the rear deck. Something like 12.00 from Wal Mart.

Guest De Schmaydee

....i have two of 'em... (thats what got me looking for something else).....i jacked up the car and ran it for over an hour and you couldnt even tell i had done anything....i finally drove it on the uninflated spare to a tire place and aired it up then....i have my doubts if one of those 50¢ air pumps would do it.....s

Guest Anonymous

i play paintball regularly and if youd like to use a CO2 canister that would work but it would take some fittings.

1) CO2 is liquified in the canister you don't want liquid CO2 in your tire it will warm up and expand

so you must get an anti-siphon tube installed in the canister

2)the CO2 canister is filled at 1200 psi and if my thinkin is right im pretty sure your tire would look funny filled to that pressure

so you need a regulator to run it down way down

3) you will need a fitting to run from the regulator to the tire

all in all this would be fairly expensive

tank,regulator,anti-siphon tube, and air fitting

all in all this could be had for under 100 dollars exact im not sure