HybridZ

Glad I found this place....

Guest rpmrevs

Guest rpmrevs

Wow, I finally found other of the same mind as i am....

Well I'm a young'un (19) and i've been thinking of this for quite a while, I have the money right now to buy myself a 240Z and am looking for one in my area. I would like to go with an eventual engine swap to a 340, and then to an all aluminum 340 using an R block possibly supercharged, its nice to know that the things fit, because that has been quite the conundruum for me, i'll probably need help coming up with the rest of the drivetrain when that time comes near but i've been thinking a richmond 6 speed would do the trick..... but i'm not sure about the rear because the eventual engine would probably be pushing 600hp probably more, but well that a ways away at the moment

Glad you all are here to help me out if i need it, and i'll try to help you out if i can as i'm familiar with quite a bit of Mopar information

and on a side note, a friend of mine thinks his '85 monte carlo running a mild 350, with an SS nose can out run a small block mopar powered datsun... i think i should set him right eh?

• 3 months later...

I know a lot of guys who seem to have trouble with the richmond 6 speeds, not in a z but in hotrods. They almost always switch to a t56 or a t-5 or back to a muncie 4 speed. Dunno, just FYI i guess. 340 would be cool. for a small car like a Z pushing the much Hp, why not use an Auto, hooking up a 727TF would be amazingly fast, the 727 is my fave auto tranny.