HybridZ

Test Mule needed for a hydraulic lifter rebuild project

Guest jt240z

Guest jt240z

I have been experimenting with a way to clean and rebuild the hydraulic lifters in a P90A head. I need someone that is willing to send me their lifters for cleaning that are making noise. I will clean them and return them to the owner for information on how effective the cleaning process was. I won't charge for the cleaning process and I'll pay to have them shipped back. All I need is a quick reinstall and assessment of the cleaning.

Once worked out, who would be interested in having their lifters cleaned? What would you pay for this kind of service? I just got laid off in a divisional shut down and have some time to tinker with this idea.

It seem that everyone complains that the P90A Hydraulic is bad because the lifters are so dam expensive or not even available. I think this may be an option to save them.

Also, does anyone know if new lifters came delivered dry or primed?

Dang that would be nice, I've got two parts cars that have p90a heads in them and would love to use that head rather than the p90! only problem right now is my 83 zx is a NA and runs a p79 head so for the time being I have no way to test your clean/rebuild.