HybridZ

Bumps,indents, dust in paint can it be fixed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, a few years ago I had the body on my Z redone (should have done it myself) rust removed, and panels repainted. The guy did the job for a good price so I was happy, since then i've run out of cash and been busy with school so the cars been garaged. I'm now preparing to replace the rusty rails, sub frame connectors and all that. I want to save the painted panels, the thing is that in some places (mostly the hood) there are indents and bumps that have occured from either dust or maybe because the guy didn't use any fisheye remover in his mixture. Other then that the paint job is good and rust free even after three years so theres no pressing need to redo his work or strip the body panels down to bare metal. As I remember, the car looked fairly good after he stripped the old stuff down.

My question is can I do major wet sanding and try smooth things out and then apply some clear coats and more sanding? Or will this just mess up the paint job even more? Thanks

Guest Anonymous

I wish it was possible to go back to him and ask but i had the job done via private contract years ago. Its only now that I'm working on my Z again that I'm thinking about it. Its been almost 4 years and no rust spots or bubbles have come up anywhere on the body so I'm fairly sure he did a good job. And the bumps are only on the hood, I can try taking a picture but I don't know if they will be visible. They are very small but noticible when looking closely.

Guest Anonymous

Ah but theres no clearcoatings on my car =( . I heard that something called "fisheye remover" would have done the trick but he didnt use it so the paint went on too think and not smooth enough. Exaggerating every dustspec/bump, hmm. What would happen if i wetsanded the actual paint?