HybridZ

My parent is going to flip when he sees the mess

Guest spunkysandoval

Guest spunkysandoval

Hi everyone!

Well, I finally got my hands on an engine hoist and got around to pulling out my old motor. Came out very easliy. On it's way out it left behind some nasty little presents though. There is this nasty oozy gooey stuff that is super slippery. I dumped some dirt down to try and soak it up because that's all I had and it's late.

Does any one know how to clean up this sort of oozy gooey substance that leaked out of my engine? I think it's antifreeze with some other nasty stuff.

Good news though, I got that sucker out! I'm going to put the clutch and flywheel on the new engine tomorrow and try to get the transmission on too. Only a matter of time till me and my Z are back on the road :rockon:

Thanks,

isaac

Plain old clay kitty litter is the best thing out there for soaking up spills inexpensively. If you shoot some sort of solvent (not gasoline, please) onto the spill and scrub it around a bit before applying the litter, it reduces the black spot even further.

Usually I leave the litter in place overnight or longer before trying to sweep it up.

Good luck! My dad just about went ballistic when he saw the concrete in the garage after I beat out a pair of U-joints on it. Parents can be SO sensitive!

I usually use a whole can of cleanser and sprinkle the thing around the spill and leave it overnight. It usually absorbs most of it and sweep the excess and use a strong spray to wash away the rest.