HybridZ

260z 2+2

Russ

Hey all,

Just a quickie, I always wanted a 240z but I just got offered a 260z 2+2, I know the differences between the 240/260 and that the 2+2 is around 12" longer, and therefor more stable at speed? Are there any obvious fors/againsts you can give me please?? I will have to pay road tax cos its a 77/78 car but I can live with that...

Cheers

Howdy Russ,

Weight and apearence. It kind of depends on what you want to do with the car as well. I have a 2 + 2. I would have bought a 2 seater but they go for a bit of $$ around here. 2+2's are much cheeper. For me it will work. I have 2 small children and now I can take them for a ride as well. If the european cars came from the same place as the ones we got down under the weight penalty is not that much. They are around 1175 kg. Much lighter then the U.S. ones. Make sure you get a good price on it. They should be much cheeper then the 2 seater. Check really well for rust. I mean really well. I put mine over a pit and went over it with a magnet. It passed. Got it home and have spent the last year removing half the roof and most of the tailgate area and replacing it. Dont know what the hell the magnet ws sticking to. Must be atracted to rust as well! It was close to gopng to the tip but the chev conversion was already done and aproved buy the M.O.T. which is getting harder and harder to do. Even in the middle of the pacific ocean the gov. is frowning on modified cars these days.

Good luck

Douglas

Thanks for the reply :)

260 2+2 are the rarest here in the UK, only 600 came in I think.

I'm not too sure about it now though having found out some pics, tbh I dont much like the extra roof lump at the back...

Hmm I dunno...

Thanks for your time :D

Russ