HybridZ

Best intercooler for a Z31??

Guest tx84ae

Guest tx84ae

What's a good intercooler to run in a Z31? I was thinking maybe a stock IC from a MkIII or a Z32... The ver maximum boost I would be running is ~13lbs since I have a T-25... I'm also going for not too expensive here. :P

Thanks for any feedback!! :D

Guest Dan0myte

Definitely don't go with a Supra MKIII intercooler. Horribly inefficient. They have a 3psi pressure loss @ 6psi. :shock:

See if you can find a Starion/Conquest in a local junkyard. Or if that fails, an intercooler from a Dodge Daytona or a Ford Probe will work as well.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I like to custom make cores on Z31's but if you need a used or junkyard cooler use a GN unit. You need to mod the in and outlet to come threw the drivers side on any unit you use a Conquest/Starion core can be modded also and fit well, but if you upgrading to anything larger than a T3 you will out flow the core. By the way I would upgrade the turbo first, you are not going to get anything usefull from the T-25. Good luck.