HybridZ

Newbee Question Flamers beware!! ^_^

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello First post here so plz be kind! I tried to do a search and I didn't really find it and as I am new this is kinda hard for me so i will ask here:

Can I get a list of tools needed to Do a paint Job?

-Car is black, with white doors, want to repaint black

-I am trying to save money! :D

-I saw paint on ebay for $40/gal like this one is it good? how many gals would I need? +Clear coat..

-Are the spray guns HVLP? Decent like this one here? ?

I have been doing a bit of research so I can understand most things if you explain them to me. Thx Guys

Newbee[/url]

Guest Anonymous
Welcome to the board Newbee!

Most of the low cost HVLP guns available on the internet under a $100 aren't bad - especially if you're just starting and need to practice. You will need to be concerned with the air tip/cap size. I'd recommend obtaining a 1.5mm size HVLP gravity feed spray gun similar to the one in the link you posted. Your request for tools - I'd suggest a couple of things. You can start by going to your local auto paint supply store and ask a few counter people what they'd recommend (take notes) and also go by a few local body shops and inquire within. You may not always get answers from the shops because time is money but it's still worth a try.

One of the members here also has a website where I've addressed quite a few paint issues which might prove helpful in your quest. Give it a look:

http://www.lambolounge.com

Click on "Body" and then "painting" and many different topics are covered.

Hope this helps - good luck!

RacerX

this site just got book marked by me :D

Guest livewire23

I've got a HVLP gravity feed gun that I used to paint my Z and Im about to sell it. It's the older style HVLP, the guy at my paint shop says its great for painting single stage, but it won't shoot metallics well. I think its worth about 150, made in england. Perhaps RacerX could give me the name of it off the top of his head?

I don't know why no-one mentioned this, but you might want to think about painting white... Black is a hard color to do right. I know I did my car in white and there were tons of defects. (of course I was in a mad hurry.) white is much more forgiving though, so the defects arent as noticable as they could've been. BTW, find every last post on painting by RacerX, it'll definately help. I owe him one for all the information he has unknowingly contributed to my paint job. If it wasn't for him, it'd look a lot worse. I'll redo it in a few months, now that I think I've got the hang of spraying HVLP.