HybridZ

power steering

Guest toyotasupra17

Guest toyotasupra17

what would i need for parts to make a 78 280z have power steering....and how would i go about doing this

or is it impossible/to hard?

Guest toyotasupra17

wow... that doesnt look like much fun to do lol i think i would pay the extra money to have it done proffesionaly or something cause i wouldnt trust myself to do that what kind of shop would do something like that....a regular mechanic?

Guest toyotasupra17

well first of all what how would i benifit from doing this if there is any?

would it be better for auto x? or just all around handleing?

who here would prefere this?

well first of all what how would i benifit from doing this if there is any? would it be better for auto x? or just all around handleing?

who here would prefere this?

You would benefit by not having to wrench the steering wheel back and forth at parking lot speeds. Not everyone on this board is dying to drive an autocross racer as a daily driver. And some of us who have lifted large amounts of iron in our lives have blown out our rotator cuffs in our shoulders, and appreciate a little low-speed assistance. If it didn't interfere with road feel too much, *I* would appreciate it.

Just a little perspective.

toyotasupra17, I can see your point , But have you steered a z with 235x40x17 tires lately? Try parking that z and you'll see why, it's a real bear :x . Plus I chose the miata rack because of it's handling and feed back reputation on the autocross circuit. They are great handling cars( the miata that is). By the way RPMS ,your probably right about the feed back concern, That was one of my concern's as well. The rack is mounted to the crossmember by very thin rubber bushing , with almost no movment of the rack, Thus road feel should be great. I'll report back, I'm shooting to get my car done by september. Ya ,I know it's a long time , But It's taken me almost 3 years just bo get it to this point. So I'm coming down the stretch. Wish me luck guys. :roll: