HybridZ

Turbo Setup

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm picking up a 240z soon and would like to know what I'll need to get to start building a turbo setup. I'm sure there's a variety of ways to do it, and I'd appreciate any input from you veterans out there that have done it. Thanks in advance!

Guest eric-z

the easiest way is to swap in a turbo engine from the 280zxt. Somebody else on this forum also just swaped the head and manifolds from the 280zxt to the 240z.

Guest bastaad525

I agree it's easier to just find a complete donor car, turbo zx's can be found all the time for under a grand, many times under $500 even. If you're looking at doing the labor yourself this would be the cheapest easiest way, but just know that the wiring can be a pain in the ass, but with people here to help you it probably wont be too bad :) I just finally after 6 years of waiting to have enough $$$, have sealed a deal on a turbo donor car and will soon be pulling everything to put in my '72. I'm just gonna stay pretty much stock for now, with only a boost controller and blowoff valve, to get to 10psi, which should get some 200hp at the wheels. Jersey from these boards did 10psi on stock everything and ran 13.3 1/4 mile.... niiiiiiiiiiice. Well anyways good luck with your setup man :)