HybridZ

RB26DETT or VG30DETT

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok i know this is the rb section so u r all gonna say go with the rb, but i just want to know what would be better in a 280z... My buddy has a friend w/ a skyline, and a few rb engines, so i can get one at a good price.

Also my other buddy has a 95 300ZXTT, and would his engine be faster than a standard rb, if modded... he was gonna put a rb in his 300, but i told him for a lower price he could make his engine turn out more power...

Simple...

you can get an VG30DETT or parts for it virtually anywhere in America fairly cheap, and with Nissan service shops around you very knowledgable with these engines.

The ease and availability for parts, repairs and access and aftermarket items for an VG30DETT is much cheaper and better in the U.S. Also the VG30DETT is LEGAL in the U.S. and the RB26DETT is not legal.

They can both handle 1000hp+ and can be modded very easily.

up to you ....

Guest Anonymous

Not true. The 300zx's are a bitch to work on and to upgrade. I'm mostly talking about the turbos. It's a v6. Not a inline 6. An i've never seen a 300zx motor go past 700hp!!

On the other hand the RB26DETT (GTR skyline motors), can push 800hp with stock internals. The GTR engine was built and designed from factory as a RACE beat it hard engine. An was also de-tuned from factory. Slap a air filter, down pipe, and exhaust on a Skyline motor and you'll get like 40-65hp more. Just from some simple ass shit like that.

An actually you can't get 300zx motor parts too easily. I only know of a couple of places. Of course I think you can find RB parts and upgrades (shops that carry them here in the US) about just as easy as finding the 300zx parts.

Guest Anonymous

ok well i think i am gonna convince my friend to keep his VG30DETT in his 300ZX and add a bunch of shiz, while I work on my RB conversion, then I can kick his @ss... Muahahahaha.. It would probably be close if it was 2 300ZX cars, but a 280z is much lighter, so it will kick@ss...