HybridZ

polyurethane hoses

ZR8ED

Hey guys. My customer bought a bunch of hose hoping to reduce costs, for their flexible paint hoses in the spray booths, and they were trialing some poly urethane hose. they have a ton of if kicking around after they found that it swelled in size when subjected to the solvents that I supply to them. whatever.. not the point..

The point is the guys said I can get my hands on as much of this stuff as I desire. I was wondering if I could use it in my engine bay.. vacuum lines and such... They have some small dia stuff, that I could use. would engine heat/manifold fumes etc have the same effect?

I'll bring a piece home and try it, but i don't want to take too much if it is useless to me. The stuff looks beautiful, and would look great as an engine dress up..

Ideas?

Guest greimann

It should be chemically resistant to fuels and oils BUT, polyurethane gets real gummy at elevated temperatutre and maximum working temp is 165 deg F. This is not a good material to use under the hood. Maybe for winshield washer line, but don't use it for anything important like vacuum lines, or fuel lines :nono: