HybridZ

Important Electrics Spares to Buy

TomoHawk

I was looking for Horn relay in the VB catalog, and saw all the other electronic modules & stuff you can get. Should I buy up spares of certain things for when my original ('78 280Z) parts finally quit working?

Can you subsitute newer parts (like relays & ignition module) for the originals? I looked at the horn relay scematic and noticed that they got the whole horns load running through the relay coil! I think mine is welded closed- no wonder.

Fuel Injection unit

Electronic ignition unit

Other relays

air flow unit

Personally I would say "No." Relays are fairly generic and most Datsun parts are interchangeable. I think using parts from other cars is 'fun' too--especially trying to make it work. Fusable links are a PITA IMO, so eliminating them is a smart thing--go more modern :D

Davy

I got a relay (Bosch?) from a friend who thinks it should just plug right in. I f I can get the relay box under the ood open, I think I will remove a couple relays like:

A/C

Inhibitor (what does this do- emmissions?)

I would like to sinplify things a little, so I can replace the engine and front end wiring. All that cruddy wire makes me a little nervous sometimes, when I turn on high-current things like turn signals, brakes, headlights. The switch guts seem OK, but only 10 volts at the brakes lights or headlights doesn't soiund right, huh?

:roll: