HybridZ

Chrome dings

Z Driver

I have many dings in the chrome strips of my 1980 280ZX's front and rear bumpers. I would be open to painting over the chrome on the bumper. I have seen this done on many ZX's. Would body filler be able to stick to chrome? Should I just break down and find new front and rear bumper covers or pay MSA for the chrome strips? I like the chrome on my bumpers but it will detract from my car when it gets painted if the chrome has dings. Does anyone have any of the chrome strips for sale?

Thanks

Guest Zachb55

umm, if you were to scuff up the chrome, or sand it even, i believe it is just like painting any other metal surface once you get rid of the shineyness. im going to be painting my front bumper (72' 240Z) with all of the stuff taken off so it is just the main bumper portion. i have scuffed it up real well with a scotch pad (a purple one) and i think it is good enough to be primed and painted (rattlecan style of course)

-Zach