HybridZ

Excel Graphing ??

clint78z

I have done a fair amount of graphing in Excel, I did one of my fuel map and had to manually create a series to get it graph 3 variables on a surface graph.

Mine was rpm, map, and inj pulse width on each axis.

Can I simply create a 3d scatter graph of this info with a few mouse clicks, I try but it will not cooperate. I want it to plot a whole bunch of points so I can see which load point needs to be modified up or down. If you have suggestions of other ways to do this it would be great.

This list is long and keeps going in the log

O2Crrctn (%) Mnfld Prssr (PSI) Engn Spd (RPM)

7.8 -6.22 2600

9.36 -6.34 2525

7.8 -6.59 2600

6.24 -5.97 2550

7.02 -5.97 2625

5.46 -6.34 2550

7.02 -6.22 2675

5.46 -6.22 2675

4.68 -6.47 2650

Can I simply create a 3d scatter graph of this info with a few mouse clicks, I try but it will not cooperate. I want it to plot a whole bunch of points so I can see which load point needs to be modified up or down. If you have suggestions of other ways to do this it would be great.

Maybe this could help...

I usually do a sort on either RPM or MAP values (pick one). For this example, let's say I sorted on MAP. Then, I grab all of the data from one MAP breakpoint range (let's say 0-5psi of boost - don't know how the DFI displays it) and use it to create a 2d scatter plot of whatever it is that I want to analyze (injector pulse width in this example - I usually do this with AFR error) vs. RPM. You do need to repeat this several times for each MAP breakpoint range, but it's a bit easier to read and understand than a 3d scatter plot.

Hopefully that makes sense - if it doesn't, send me some example data, and I'll make an example for you (the email address in my profile is up to date).

Thanx for the help, I think I got it.

I took the datalog sorted the columns by Map point, then I did a 2d scatter graph the info.

IE: I did a chunk of all -12.5psi Map points, then used rpm as the X axis. And O2 correction, and base pulsewidth, on the Y axis. From there I can tell that I need to reduce my base pulse width by 6 percent.

Then I just do another chunk of data right ?? I am going to post some graphs and a little writeup so everyone can see the steps to go about tuning and datalogging.

PS subtle hint about the email being out of date :D:D , I moved last month and forgot to update :roll:

Thanx for the help' date=' I think I got it.

Then I just do another chunk of data right ?? I am going to post some graphs and a little writeup so everyone can see the steps to go about tuning and datalogging.

[/quote']

Yes, that's right.

PS subtle hint about the email being out of date :D:D , I moved last month and forgot to update :roll:

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like a snide comment. ;)

No No don't worry about the hint, it was simple and to the point. Don't I wish everything was that. Tuning is put on the shelf until I get a wideband, the AEM 0-1v looks good and not crazy expensive. Busy installing my ZG flares and prepping for paint..

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanx again, C