HybridZ

Need some numbers

Guest Zachb55

Guest Zachb55

Im wanting to order some sound deadener/insulator for the inside of my car and im not sure how mush i should get, i plan on covering most all of the interior except for the roof, and wheel wells/shock tower. Have any of you done this and maybe would know how many square feet of material you used? im looking at 36 sq feet rolls of the stuff for 50 bucks and i really dont want to have to buy more then 2 or maybe 3 of them, how many do you guys think i'll need?

-Zach

Guest Island Son

Hi SPIIRIT,

Do you have a brand name in mind for doing that, i'm going to do the same thing and would like to hear your thought's on it, where you are going to aply it and so on.

If you wouldn't mind.

Thanks

Sonny

Guest Island Son

THx for the info guys, i'll see what i can find in my area...

SPIIRIT i have a post in the Paint and Body section "To do or not to do", i need some measurments for the frame rails could you point me in the right direction who to talk to?

Guest Zachb55

OK i went and did some measuring cause i was really board and for covering most of the interior, including the doors, you will need around 80 Square Feet. I am either going to go with FatMat.com's package that comes with 100 square feet for about 125 shipped, WAY cheaper then Dynamat. i was reading some test results and Dynamat did slightly outdo Brown Bread, but the brown bread was double layered, and because of this it actually costs more then the Dynamat. Another option was SEM's truck bed liner kit, which you can mix paint with to get a custom tint so it will match your finish/color scheme. I have no idea what their kit costs though, i emailed them a while back and havent heard from them yet.. i guess i will have to wait and see, i need something soon though so i can keep going with my resto. I also need to clean up the underside so i can apply undercoat to a few spots. DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD JUST PATCH UP THE OLD UNDERCOAT OR TAKE IT ALL OFF AND PUT NEW STUFF ON??? cause if i was gonna do all new stuff i would need to go up on blocks, and i would wait to do that until after i got my car running again. man so much stuff to do, so little money to do it... well thanks for reading my babbling, just needed to let people know, you know? well im out, thanks for the info guys.

-Zach