HybridZ

weather stripping

Guest chip

Does anyone know if you can get the weatherstripping that goes around the windshield and rear window without the channel for the chrome trim? I would like to have the all black look. One option would be to paint the chrome pieces but I would like to have the peice be solid black rubber if I could.

I wouldn't need to cut it off. Mine (rubber that hold the chrome) breaks off in little pieces, and now the rain drips in at the lower right corner of the hatch window. Can anybody confirm this and tell me why it's leaking?

Is there a fix? I just put some clear packing tape on it so far, but it won't stay on long.

I wouldn't need to cut it off. Mine (rubber that hold the chrome) breaks off in little pieces' date=' and now the rain drips in at the lower right corner of the hatch window. Can anybody confirm this and tell me why it's leaking?

Is there a fix? I just put some clear packing tape on it so far, but it won't stay on long.[/quote']

Sounds like yours is just plain gone. It would be cool to take a new outer seal and have the ridges machined off and then the rubber polished slightly to restore a sheen. I'd like the trim gone too.

Davy

Without the Stainless Steel the seal doesn't have the pressure to seal the edges, as is needed. What I plan to do(which I do believe Pete did on his Z) is to have the SS powder coated. I won't be going black, but thats another story all together.

BTW, from what I have gathered, it is usually best to seal the window gaskets with silicone on the body side before putting the SS in. I don't see why this wouldn't work without the SS with enough silicone.