HybridZ

junkyard help

Guest thebarracuda

Guest thebarracuda

ok

I've got a 79 280zx (LHD)

and a 78 260Z (RHD)

there are a few junkyards around here. NONE of them have Zs.

What parts out of what cars will fit without mods into my Zs?

(air filter, radiator, injectors, head, throttle body...)

is there a webpage that has a LIST of the parts?

I usually post over at zcar.com, but I think this question has stands more ground here.

thanks

thanks' date=' but is there a page I can go where someone isnt trying to make 20 bucks off of me?

[/quote']

You're making my eyelid twitch, boy. Eric Neyerlin has pretty much devoted his recent life to the betterment of the Z community, and you're begrudging him the lousy twenty bucks for information HE had to pay for, but YOU want for free? Stop being so darned cheap. If someone has info that will save you valuable time and money, dig some change out of the couch cushions and PAY them for it! Or better yet, acquire all the information yourself after weeks of research, and sell your own parts interchange guide.

In the future, you might keep jerks like me off your back by pointing out that the parts interchange guides that Eric is selling are mainly for body parts, and you're looking for mechanical bits. "Thanks, that's not quite what I'm looking for" goes down so much sweeter.

Now that I've gone off on you, I'll make partial amends by telling you that in the USA at least, the Datsun 810/Maxima had the same engine as the Z of the same year, and you can pull some parts off of them. The Datsun 200SX turbo also could be equipped with a differential that will swap into a Z. Transmissions don't exchange so easily, because one BorgWarner T5 isn't always the same as another Borg Warner T5. Maybe someone else will chime in with other useful information.

Good luck.

Guest thebarracuda

I'm sorry. I hadn't realized how that looked. I thought I had wrote it to be a bit less harsh than it had turned out.

I've been ripped off a few times by buying something online before I had a chance to sample it. (one or 2 sample pages would be a great way to let people know what they are buying)

I am making a free manual to help others. Both a tech guide crosslinked with pictures(firing order, how to tune up, what you can get from a junkyard if there arent any Zs around)

and pictures crosslinked to tech guide (if you broke something and don't know what it is).

I've got about a dozen of pages of notes and I don't want to plagiarize the eric.

I will, however keep his link in case anyone else wants to buy it.

thank you for your help. I've added it to the notebook.

Guest thebarracuda

it was at first, but at work, I drive both anyway.

the 78 260Z is out of commission until I can get the floorpans and weld them on, new tires, and work on the starting system,

and work on some of that body rust.

(and pay the damn road tax)

shes a 20 footer.

the silver Z runs like a champ. no major problems in the last 3 years and I drive her hard too.