HybridZ

unbelievable, pressure regulator was stuck

Since I got my turbo 240z running a couple months ago the experience has been up and down. I haven't had the time to spend with the car to get everything fixed, so I have just done what I can. Well, from the start it had not been running right. After a few test drives and some debugging I got what was a pretty good ride, but still wasn't running right, missing a little, not pulling all the way to 6K. So Saturday I go for another drive after trying a couple more things, same ole stuff, not pulling right. I come back and recheck all of the electrical connectors, vacuum hoses and then for whatever reason I tap on the FPR with my leatherman and engine smooths right out. I hop in and take it down my driveway, OMG it has never run like this. Told my wife to jump in and we went down the road, all dirt around my house, hit turbo in third gear at about 55-60mph and I thought we were going to crash, started fishtaling. It gets wild on the dirt now. Took my dad for a ride down the to pavement on Sunday and oh man did it feel good. The switch to second gear got a significant amount of rubber with new radials and dry pavement. Now I am impressed with the turbo conversion, can't wait to get the rest of the small stuff fixed. Right now I am still running the 240 4spd and R180 diff, not sure how long they will last but I have the BW 5spd and R200 diff in the garage just waiting.

If other guys are out the waffling on their turbo conversions like I was, get that thing finished, you won't be dissapointed. :rockon:

Guest bastaad525

very cool, it's always nice when it's something easy like that. I remember in my N/A ZX how one day it was just running like crap, barely started and then just felt horrible.... found out it was a connector barely hanging on to one of the sensors, snapped it back on and the car was back to normal. Is your turbo just stock right now or have you already done some mods and turned up the boost? I got less than a week to go before my swap is started... I can't wait! Gonna go get the blow off valve welded to the intake pipe today, and my boost controller should show up in the mail today. Anyways, kewl deal that you figured what was wrong with your car and that your'e enjoying it so much now :)