HybridZ

Holley carb height?

Guest Bob L

Guest Bob L

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to find the height of a Holley double pumper carb (say a 750) as measured from the carb pad to the air cleaner ring. Does someone have this measurement? I'm in the middle of some hood clearance arithmetic.

Any thoughts as to a practical minimum for hood clearance with solid motor mounts? 3/8"? Thanks for the help!

Best,

Bob

Mine measures out to 3 and 3/16" ; it's 3 and 1/4" with the air filter gasket in place. There shouldn't be any difference between the 650 and the 750... they fit the same float bowls, I believe.. unless the center section needs to be taller for bigger venturi or something.

I just measure my Holley 750 dp and I have 3 3/8" from the bottom of the base to the top of the lip of the aircleaner base lip. Hope that helps. Take an 1/8th of an inch off if you don't include the lip.

Mike

Guest Bob L

Exactly the information I was looking for. I also just found out that a 4v throttle body (Lingenfelter 2000cfm) is 2 3/8" tall when similarly measured. I very much appreciate the help.

Best,

Bob