HybridZ

Centerforce II and light-weight flywheel

tannji

Hey all...

I am apparently picking up a convertible 240Z to add to my stable (bringing the grand total to an impressive 2 Zcars, the subaru and minivan are necessary evils, but not worthy of sharing driveway space = )

The convertible has EFI and a ZX 5sp.... as well as something of a subframe reinforcement. This necessitates :D a nice clutch and flywheel. Back in the day, I had a 76 with 411 gears, the 5sp, centerforce, and a light flywheel. It remains to this day the most fun I have ever had on any number of wheels. At that time, very few cars would even mess with me on the local "strip", because they found that if they happened to pull me slightly, I would be back in a few minutes with the SBC 240Z..... :twisted: But anyway....

I looked at ZCarParts.com and the Centerforce II is calling, but I am not real keen on the composite flywheel that uses both aluminum and steel. I have heard stories about reliability, and I dont plan on a bullet-proof tranny tunnel, or want parts that would make that necessary. Am I being too picky and paranoid, or are there other flywheels that members are currently using that could be recommended??

thanks,

tannji