HybridZ

MBC. vent hole drilled!!!

Guest scottjuly79

Guest scottjuly79

I just added the .024 vent hole to my Grainger valve style boost controller, wow! what a difference, now there is almost no boost-lag betwwen gear changes, when I hammer it from 1st into 2nd I get major weelspin..... I love it!

I read on one of the sites that the vent hole was for controlling boost-spikes, and since I was not getting any boost spikes I figured I was ok without it. I just assumed that the huge lagtime I was getting between shifts was normal. Well I bought the proper bit $4.90,drilled the vent-hole, and it's probably the best 5 bucks5 minutes I have spent on my car. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

FYI. go to Acklands Granger and ask for a #73 drill bit (no you don't have to buy a whole set)

Guest bastaad525

kewl dude I got mine drilled today too :) like I said the local hobby store had the bits for $2, and the guy drilled the hole for me for $5. Also got the good news that the wiring is almost done on my car, the differential is in, just a few little things left to go, should be ready tommorow. I cannnnnnnnnntttttttttt waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiit

Oh and I picked up the Buick GNX I/C today... $50.... sweeeeeeeeeet and it looks to be a kick ass I/C.