HybridZ

fresh newbie here! got some ?'s

Guest racingfanscjww

Guest racingfanscjww

Well I have been bit by the V8-280ZX bug, first off I'm new to this scene but not to mechanic work. I have a question, OK here is the deal I'm installing a new timing chain in a guys 260Z in exchange for a 78 280Z, it has a very good body and I'm going to drop in a 350, can I get some advice on the timing chain install here on this forum or where can I go? The 260 is stock. Thanks, Chris...........

Guest Anonymous

I think the haynes manual has some good info on that. I don't think there are any special tricks to that procedure. Just taking time and following the manual to the letter. I will tell you this. Don't take any more bolts than you have to off that front cover. There are a bunch around the perimeter that hold the front cover to the block and then 2 that go through the water pump and into the block.

It's a really good time to change the water pump. It would take you an additional 10 min and maybe the guy will pitch in a case of brew. Your gonna need it after changing the timing chain in the car. :ugg: