HybridZ

CV adapter clearance issues?

PETEW

Hey guys,

I just ordered coilovers and cv adapters from Ross the other day and I just wanted to make sure no one had any clearance problems with the adapter. I don't think it should be a problem with my Arizona Z rear disk conversion, but I am wondering if my larger MSA rear swaybar will get in the way. I have the 7/8 rear swaybar for my '77 280Z. Did any one have any issues with clearance and what did you do? I tried a search but came up with nothing. Thanks. :)

I have Ross's CV adaptors with Ground control Coilovers, Sectioned struts, 7/8" Suspension Techniques rear bar and AZCar Wilwood rear brakes.

The CV boots were running dangerously close to the sway bar links IMO so I shortened the links with smaller spacers to get them a safe distance away from the CVs.

This setup has worked well.

I bought the complete setup from Ground Control - It included shorter ( I think by about 2.5") Tokico Illuminas along with instructions for shortening the struts.

Probably too late for your stock length shocks.

3.0 news:

Proceding slowly.

Venolia Pistons have been received and coated by Swain, O-ringed Block is in the Machine shop to be Torque -plate bored to 87.5 mm. Rotating assy also in shop to be balanced.

I have all the rings and bearings in hand. I'm starting work on the P90 head now - I'll probably swap my 290/280 Isky cam into the new head.

My 3.0 will be very similar to yours. Can't wait.

Speeder, Were you able to use rods longer than 133mm? Personally I wish I could have put in some longer rods and maybe designed more static compression then my 7.6:1. Sounds like you'll be running by the end of the summer. :-D I'm on the same schedule with my upgrades. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Regards,