HybridZ

Totally new style of fuel rail. O ring adapter!

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hey all. I have been thinking of how it would be best to make an o ring fuel rail. I think I am going to have adapter made to work with barbed rails as well. The adapter will go over the o ring end and on the other it will have the barbed end. What you think? I am thinking that this can work for Z32. Now you can use your barbed rails! Neato. Its on my list to make parts expect it by Sept.

o%20ring%20adapter.jpg

I'd say people want to just replace their fuel rail with one that supports O-ring injectors. How about an aluminum fuel rail machined for O-ring injectors, with mounting stantions, all ready to bolt on to a stock L6 manifold? It would be nice to have provistions for 6-AN fittings as well.

Pete

I am currently building my own "O" ring fuel rail using the standard billet rail you can get from Electomotive or Arizona Speed and Marine. The rail usually runs about $12.00 per foot. You will need to either weld or thread fittings on the end of the rail for hoses and the fuel pressure regulator. I'm using a Paxton universal type and screwing it directly to the end of the rail. It looks just like the Aeromotive style. Next you will need to drill and ream the rail to fit the "O" ring injectors. The key here is to get the injector spacing correct when drilling the rail. Once the drilling is complete you will need to use a reamer to clean up the surface so the rings don't leak. The final hole should be about .020 smaller than the diameter of the o-ring. This is according SDS's tech notes. For mounting the rail I'm bending some aluminum strips then welding to the rail. I am using the same three mounting points as the stock rail. To go from a completely stock L28ET rail and injectors to the new rail, rebuilt 450cc injectors, New FPR, New fuel filter, AN fittings and hose cost me about $500.00. I'm using DSM style injectors with pintle caps self modified for my Datsun intake. The next step will be to go to 680cc injectors when I want to start making big HP. :D

http://store.yahoo.com/azspeed/fuinco1.html

http://www.getfuelinjected.com/efi_parts.html

Damn I went to a site posted here that shows what I thought of. I guess I am not the first but it would have a barb end. I am only 24 years old so I am coming across alot of stuff out there I have yet to see.

Well sure you can build your own but not everyone has the tools or time. Some already have a nice aftermarket fuel rail that is barbed who have paid 150-200 bucks for so its a waste to not reuse it. I can supply the adapter barb end for around 60. It wont stick out as much as you think. From the starting base of the rubber seal to the end of the barb would be 42-43mm.This includes the adapter. I will be doing the regular o ring rail as well. Expect that to be available for about 160. ;) Juanito

I see everyone likes the stock rail that is already available. Well I guess I can use that and might. I just like to separate my work and machined it completely from a chunk of aluminum. Stock rail versus t6 aluminum is about the same. I worked it out to be about $6 in material for me. The rest adds up in labor and precision machining Thanks Juan

the cylinder bored measured .430 and the o ring measured .450. Nice job Kurz. I would worry more about the bore than the o ring . Just talking to myself tonight, 4 am Juan

oKay I am back. Here is the advantage for not using a stock available rail. For me I would have to fabricate some kind of mounting to hold it down. Would raise cost further. With a solid chunk of aluminum I can machined the mounting on top with two 5mm holes in 4 places for longer bolts to hold down the o ring rail. in injector 1,3,4,6 ;). I will post some pics later on a sketch. My comp is all messed up. I had to reboot it and now install everything. Tomorrow