HybridZ

new 240z owner

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi, im a new owner of a 240z 1972, i got on here seeing if get some advice, i have a L28 witha p90 head and a F54 block, its a dual carb setup and well, its pretty fast, now i was wondering if this type of engine to continue fixing up as far as putting a turbo or doing a engine swap instead? thanks. :D

F54 block and P90 head? That's a turbo motor you've got there, without the turbo... Check ebay and Zcar.com and your local junkyards and that motor will be happy to take boost... You will have to do all the plumbing and wiring but it will be worth it... I'm fiending to build a budget turbo car myself! Probably not for a long time though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

That F54 may have flat-top pistons. It's hard to believe someone would carb a turbo motor (with that low compression). But yes, if it does have turbo pistons...yes, turbo away. Just do lots of research on the turbo conversion.

If you have flat-tops, then you could consider shaving/shimming the head to give you 10:1 compression, header, exhaust, SM needles, electronic ignition, etc. That would be sweet.

But if your looking for maximum HP, the turbo is hard to beat.

Guest Anonymous

yea since im not mechanic, i do have a guy or a place who is located just down the street from me. a z shop. so i'll take it to them and let them tell me wassup. but turbo is the way to go. thanks for the info!

Guest Anonymous

yea since im not mechanic, i do have a guy or a place who is located just down the street from me. a z shop. so i'll take it to them and let them tell me wassup. but turbo is the way to go. thanks for the info!