HybridZ

Damn turbo car!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

83 Turbo into a 78 body.

ok, I checked out my wiring today. I thought I didn't do it right because it wasn't starting. I went out with my FSM and started testing stuff.

I have power from the EFI relay to the right contact at the ECU with ignition in RUN and START -thats good. so I have constant power with the ignition on.

I have power to the start signal line during START only - that's good.

I checked all the ground contacts at the ECU wiring and have ground, however they all have a resistance of 10. something on the ohm meter (I don't know what scale it is in-automatic meter) I think they shouldn't have any resistance since they are ground connections. but I didn't clean the ground ring terminals before the install, that may help.

I have battery voltage to both sides of the injector connectors... and continuity between both contacts of the connectors. Is that how it is supposed to be? I thought one side was the ground and the other is voltage... or do they both have voltage until the ECU triggers the ground?

I couldn't find the procedure to test the coil when I was outside testing things, but I was not getting spark at all. I have battery voltage to the transistor and to the + of the coil during START and RUN on the ignition. I checked my negative lead with the old 78's negative lead that is still in the car and I have continuity on it, so I guess I wired the negative to the correct spot on the car.

I have the ECU signal wire to the coil transistor connected to the correct contact on the ECU also. How do you test if it's signaling the coil to fire?

I don't know where exactly to connect the capacitor thing, so I connected it to the slide terminal on the distributor. is that right?