HybridZ

Dropping a 300zxtt engine in my 240z......

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

off a 93' model, about 35k on it. Won it on ebay, everything included, comes with transmission. Had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with.

Will the engine mate with a six speed out of any year skyline? Also I want to install some after market parts to add some hp, where should I start? I want to build her up to push out 500-600hp eventually, but want to start safe. Want to get it closer to 400 hp right off the back though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't seem to find much on this type of swap. Thanks.

well the 6-speed wont fit, as its for the awd GT-R.s... i think you can use the stock 5-speed tranny for the 300zx... if not the GT-S 5-speed from the skylines might work too.

this is a pretty hard swap to pull off.

i owned a 300zx Z32 and know alot about them, boost controller, exhaust, pop charger, injectors, upgraded intercoolers will get you up to 400hp.

but some of those things will need to be changed anyways to make it fit in a old Z.

prob gonna need a FMIC, custom intake piping to a pop charger, custom exhaust, custom motor mounts, tranny mounts, etc etc etc.

alot of work but deff 100% cool.

some body has done the swap so do a search too.

for some mods for the motor check out http://www.twinturbo.net

and http://www.300zxforums.com

mike

Guest Anonymous

Thank's alot guys. You guys are quick. :-D I'm going to be doing more homework on this project for sure, I already spent a shit load of cash, and will have to spend much more to make my dream car a reality, not to mention tons of hours of labor. It will all be worth it in the end. :D Again thanks alot!

yeah it will be worth it but remember this... your gonna have to spend a SHAT load more money to get the car to even work, then a SHAT more to get it to hold that much power, and then a SHAT more to make it be what you want it to be.

its worth it but keep that in mind man.

awesome swap!

mike

Guest kenafein240

A guy on Zcar.com or Zdriver.com is doing that swap in his, he also has an online store, maybe you can get him to fab you some of his mounts. He's got the motor far back and low, might be worth hitting him up. He goes by GodZilla. You'll definantly get a high drool factor for this swap!

Mike that is an awesome link, that car looks fantastic!