HybridZ

man, I inherited bastaads oil leak!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I got oil coming out of my timing chain inspection cover, my mechanical fuel pump block off plate and now I noticed oil all over the oil cooler line. It was dark so I just called it a night. But I had left the stock sponge shield on the hose, when I noticed all the oil there I found out the sponge was filled with oil! I hope it is just coming from my hose clamp connection instead of something worse.

oil pressure gauge is fine though.

Guest bastaad525

hey dont' blame me :) it seems a lot of problems that I've had seem to be more or less common... at least it's good that more people than just me have and have solved many of these problems. What sux for me and this oil leak is I'm not gonna have time any time soon to take off the chain cover and fix it, so I have to keep cleaning up that area or else it will get all over everythign again, and I really have to stay off the freeway, lest the rushing air blows it all over my firewall and battery too!

Guest szlash280z

Everytime I drive mine has been at night so far. I haven't really been able to diagnose the exact cause or the extent of the spreading. It sucks though. I had a lot of oil on my cooler line trapped between that sponge heat shield...