HybridZ

how bout a VQ35DE for $1200?

Mack

check this out. I bet a lot of you forgot about the VQ35DE that came in pathfinders and QX4's starting in 2001. http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=All+States&userIMS=&userInterchange=DD%3D%40BO&userSide=&userDate=2001&userDate2=2001&dbModel=54.27.1.1&userModel=Nissan%20Pathfinder&dbPart=300.1&userPart=Engine&sessionID=297&userUID=0&userBroker=&userPreference=&userPage=2 check it out. for those of you looking to do a VQ35DE swap. the pathy versions were rated at 240 for A/T, 250 for M/T. i am sure these numbers are just an ECU tuining away.

McAdam

• 2 weeks later...

No I didn't forget. I am quite aware of the fact. But beware that the pathfinder oil pan hangs between 3.5-4.0 inches BELOW the bottom of the trans bellhousing. In a 4x4 it isn't a problem but in a sports car ground clearance becomes an issue. Other than that it would be a good engine.

I expect you could use the z350 oil pan but then you would need a z350/G35 starter. For transmissions the 5-speed pathy's are rare but I expect a z350/G35 6 speed will bolt up (bolted to a maxima engine but no mount for the starter without changing oil pans). Not sure what flywheel you would have to use. I'm starting with a maxima but it may not work.

The intake on the pathy is different than the z350/G35 and is lower in HP because of that and the ECU.

Still wish I had one though. Anyone got any good pics of the engine mounts?