HybridZ

FY... Z cars have a rear glove box

TomoHawk

Just found out that you can get a glove box for the trunk?" :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33698&item=2430292253

Maybe this guy means those two wells behind the seats & under the deck. But you can't get at those normally because the deck is screwed down, except for mine, which has a hinged section. :roll:

Guest comeandzpa

TomoHawk,

He is selling the storage compartment on the rear left side of the trunk. It is located behind the driver's side strut tower on the side wall of the car. It is a small locking compartment.

TomoHawk' date='

He is selling the storage compartment on the rear left side of the trunk. [/quote']

Hmmmmm.....

The cold temps today might have my brain locked up, so please explain to me how a hatchback car has a trunk? Also, my '78 20Z doesn't have a storage compartment behind the shock tower, unless you are referring to the two wells behind the seats. It has a deck piece that supports the carpet. The only other thing back there is the spare tire/jack/tools.

Can I assume the thing is for a 280Z, like the seller says?

Guest comeandzpa

well, by "trunk" I meant the area behind the seats....that's as close to a trunk as you can get in a hatchback. But yes, the ZX"s had a compartment that locks behind the strut tower in addition to the flip-up bins directly behind the seats.

Guest Iceickle

Right behind the passenger seat on my 260Z i have a small compartment, i have to pull the carpet up to access it, and found a little toolkit in there when i got it, too ;)

I was thinking that somebody could make a mold of the well behind the seat, then make fiberglass inserts you can stick in there to hold stuff without scratching up the metal. the only problem I saw was that there is a 1/2 inch welded lip around the well you can remove, but it might weaken the sheetmetal in the area.