HybridZ

Front bumper

Guest H-TownSupraRacer

Guest Zachb55

you can get a similar thing to that, but in fiberglass, from MSA http://www.zcarparts.com for like 150 and it will bolt up with some mounts i think, that one is probably a stock "Euro" bumper with the holes welded up and then rechromed, looks pretty nice, and a lot of work went into it too i bet!

-Zach

Guest Zachb55

Are you talking about the BUMPER, the shiny thing going across the nose of the car in the pic you posted? or the Valance, the piece of fiberglass below the bumper that goes down towards the ground??? changing to that bumper wouldnt make you need fog lights....

-Zach

Guest H-TownSupraRacer

Its a ZX dont know year i dont have it yet my bad i dont knwo years i think its 79-83 year and im talking bout the fiberglass part the bodykit.

well you really cant make the 280zx look like a old 70-78 Z IMHO.. but im sure you can make it "kinda" look like one, i dunno.

its 2 different cars and they do sell parts that look the same almost.. Dont get me wrong im not saying that the 280zx is ugly, i really like there styling....

the fiberglass part is the air dam, and MSA (http://www.zcarparts.com) sells Aero parts for them, and you can make 280zx's look very nice with some tastefull body parts :D.

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=7FAD

i LOVE style 2 front bumper... also they sell the Air dam without the air ducts for the 280zx on that page. i think its the 4th down.

best of luck!

mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bigjim240z

the car in the photo is my old z i sold to ron. the bumpers are stock 71 bumpers that were romoved, welded up and rechromed. cost me 500 for both bumpers. the shop did a great job too!

Guest bigjim240z

the air dam is a motorsports fiberglass model. i added that too. ron added the wheels and the killer performance! i did the cosmedics. i dont see any differences in the looks besides the wheels.

nice car.. that car alone got me into Z's with air dam's and Euro Bumper look.

the air dam on the red car is MSA's 240Z air dam without the air ducts.

i just bought one for my 280Z, its so nice.

mike

Guest bigjim240z

YA..THAT CAR WAS MY FAVORITE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. everytime i stumble upon it like i did today it brings back memories. ive tried a few times to build a car as nice as i did that one and never can, money problems always result in me selling them. as did with that car. i built that car back when i was single with no chldren, now its hard to drop the same money into a car without it hurting us financially. some day ill just buy one from some one who already built the car, and needs money, just like what happened to me.