HybridZ

t5 slave, is it holdin up?

Hi guys,

I was wondering, for you guys that have a t5 slave thats drilled and tapped for a -3 line, how long have they lasted for you? I ask because I just did mine but I'm not sure if it'll hold all that pressure. Have some of you tried an alternative to drilling it? Thanks for the help

Jason

I've been running mine for about 600 miles. I know it's not that much really but I see no reason why it should pop loose. The hole is not made very much larger and the threads go down pretty far in there. Plenty of surface area on the threads holding the fittings in. I trust it 8)

couldn't get mine to hold, I was very careful, but at first it leaked then I think I overtightened it cause it cracked. I pulled the internals out and used them to make my own slave out of brass at work. Now it'll never break. :wink:

Perry

I had a hydrolic (sp) hose shop do mine heres what they did. They used my parts from the Tilton unit off the slave then custom made the hose connector fitting at the bottom, the piece that is held in with the drift pin. So far so good. If you want pics PM me and I'll try to snap some.

ds

I ended up making mine because I couldn't find another cheap one locally, and I didn't want to hack up an expensive new one.

If I had thought about it I guess making an adaptor before I hacked into mine would've been the best way.

If I can get 10 guys at $15 each I'll design and make a bunch of 1/8NPT to "special slave cylinder" connector adaptors. At that cost I'll even cover shipping in the US!

email me at perryseaman@hotmail.com if you want one. I'll email you back if I get enough requests to make a run of them.

Perry

Perry great idea. The problem with it is getting 10 persons to commit to it. I'm wondering how many of the members of this board are "dreamers" and how many are going to actually do the swap on a Z. Then how many are going to use a T-5 vs auto vs T-56. Just a reality check although I am running a T-5. Wish you would have come to bat earlier :D

ds