HybridZ

anybody have some really oldschool style Z's..........

Guest ON3GO

ive been searching the web non stop looking for parts for my Z, mostly stuff i can only get in japan and im really falling in love with some of there styles and things they do over there. I know alot of what they do to some Z's, which i paln on doing to the Z i have now, like ZG flares, the fender mirrors, paint job, misc performance and exterior and also interior parts. but i was wondering if anybody on here had a real JDM Z?

i know some will say well those carbs doesnt make it JDM, and those body parts domt make it jdm, and etc.

and thats fine, i dont even like it calling it JDM style anyways because i feel like im jumping on the wagon with every other little honda boy out there.

reason im asking this is because i need to buy a daily driver when im in houston so why not a Z right! the truck i have now im gonna sell when im up there and im gonna look around texas for a nice, not alot of work needed Z and i plan on doing nice and simple, not needing like 300+HP. But im still guessing its prob gonna cost like more money then i have in my Z hehehe.

heres some pics of what i wanna do and LOVE!

album_pic.php?pic_id=1781

album_pic.php?pic_id=1783

not 100% on the g-nose yet but it does look nice.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1784

album_pic.php?pic_id=1782

album_pic.php?pic_id=1785

album_pic.php?pic_id=1786

what you guys think?

P.S. im still gonna do the GN Drag Z.. but thats way after school and when im working and i have my own house and etc.. i just feel this Z that i can do now would be better at this time.

mike

you have any pics? i just want to get some ideas. i dont want to add anything that guys in japan dont.. just basic parts really.. i dont have money for major parts like some stuff they use.

mike

Dude, there was an HKS triple carb intake on ebay. That is pretty rare. I got a Hayashi Racing triple intake earlier this year. Old JDM parts are rare in Japan, imagine how hard they will be to find here in the states. You should be able to pick up a complete Mikuni set-up for under $800. That will be the easiest to locate JDM triple set-up. Webers and a Cannon intake are not JDM, even if they are triples. I'll have to see if I can get some pics of my '71 on the web. It's gold with black 432-R flares, black airdam, and correct fender mirrors. I made the grill out of lath from the hardware store, and it has no bumpers. My '73 is getting the same treatment, I'm doing the bodywork now. I've actually filled in the rear marker lights and the antenna hole. I've also cut out the fenders to the max, about 3/8" under the bolts that hold the flares on. I'm using 17x9 wheels with a 5.25" backspace(not sure of the offset, but I could figure it out) and coilovers. I want some 15xwide Wats, but my pockets are not that deep, plus my baby needs formula :wink: . An alternative would be the Centerline Meteor with the center powdercoated gunmetal. Not exactly the same, but would look sweet non-the-less. You could get away with Panasports if you can find them wide enough, just coat the centers black, or gunmetal. BTW, I don't care for the narrow tire on the wide wheel look like they do it in Japan. Anyway, good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for. The hot-rodded JDM Zcars are bare bones, no fluffy stuff. My '73 has a roll cage, drivers side Momo "Start" seat(black), a stock passenger seat, Nardi wheel, and a shift knob I made myself(aluminum ball that is cross drilled for wieght) and it looks very JDM, all business like.

no not really, i need a daily driver, and i love doing research...

its no harm to look around and see whats there when i cant work on my Z or have free time..

oh BTW... MY LORD!! ur Z's are soooooo nice.. how comfy are those seats? they look awesome. i saw them on the yahoo japan auctions a few times, and theres a Datsun 510 in tampa with them. Very nice.

and god i so need some watanabe's. they just make the car.

mike