HybridZ

Need help with EFI in a 240

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recently loaned out my last set of carbs to a buddy, who liked the feel of a carbed 280, and instead of buying me new carbs, for now he gave me all of his EFI parts, as kind of a project just to play with, well after the last few weeks of swapping parts and wires and all sorts of stuff, I am frustrated, but refuse to give up. Here's my set up and symptoms.

N42 head, N42 non egr manifold, header, entire '78 efi setup.

I grabbed all of the following and installed it all, did I miss something?

Throttle Body

AFM

6 injectors

fuel rail thingy

FPR

Air regulator

cold start valve

dropping resistors

EFI realy (from the passenger side fender)

Computer

Wiring harness ( just the stuff that connected to the computer.

N42 head, and manifold from a 76

I have installed everything as best as I can tell and the injectors don't seem to be opening at all.

There was one 4 wire plug that went under the dash the he forgot what it went to. I looked over the wiring diagrams again and again, I have the negative side of the coil connected the black wire on that plug (goes to pin one on the computer) and the green wire that turns on the EFI relay I connected to a ign. hot wire. I cant seem to figure out what I missed.

Please help!

That 4 plug is a relay...or was it a module??? I am dealing with the same conversion and am new to it as well. I will look it up for you. It is missing from my harness too which is why i remember it. I will try to let you know tonight.