HybridZ

Mounting euro bumpers on a 74

74Adam

I couldn't find anything specifically addressing this issue.

I have recently purchased euro bumpers and 70-72 mounting brackets (front and rear). So, the other day I am working under the front of the car on something unrelated when I start to notice something that concerns me: I can't see how the front bumper mounts bolt to the body. The shock mounts on there now have three bolts all kind of "offset" (for lack of a batter term), but the 70-72 mounts have two bolt holes in a line. I start looking for a place on the car where two bolts should be and can't find anything. Can somebody tell me what is going on here? Have I made a big mistake? I had to have these bumpers ordered directly from Japan, so it's not like I have a choice but to use them.

thanks,

-Adam

I have a 74 with euro bumpers. I had to do some creative mounting to get them to fit. Nothing major. I don't believe the 240 mounts are a turn key solution. You may need to drill a few holes and bend some metal to make them work. The rear was the worst for me. We ended up cutting the brackets in half and reversing half of it. The 240 bolt holes were horizontal while my 260's were on a diagonal.

I don't have any specific instrutions as we made it up as we went along. I'm sure there is somebody with more info.

You will be pleased when they are on.

260.jpg