HybridZ

Vortech supercharged L28

Guest Killer Zx

Guest Killer Zx

I am currently running a mostly stock l28 in my 1981 ZX. i currently have done a cam, throttle body, header, and exhaust to my car and now i have a unique opportunity to buy a vortech blower for my car from a friend who can also do the piping routing and other necessary things to perform this modification to my engine. My question is do you guys think that I would have to lower the compression of my stock L28 to handle the 8psi that the vortech blower puts out?

Also do you think that this setup could be somewhere in the league of a V8 swap as far as horsepower goes? (I am hoping for 270 horsepower to the wheels)

thanx

I can't really answer your question but when I asked some forced induction questions to a friend of mine he told to buy "Maximum Boost", I believe its author is Corky Bell? (I can't remember). Its a great book, I would highly recommend it if you want to truly understand what FI entails.

I would do my homework before you spend a penny.