HybridZ

Stupid boost controller!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I made my boost controller today. I couldn't get the 90* fitting so I had to bore out the top of the grainger valve to accept a 1/4" barb. Me being the unlucky guy that I am and partially retarded occasionally decided to put the grainger in the vise and drill into it with progressively larger bits till I got the right size. I put the WHOLE assembly in there. Needless to say when the drill bit completed its journey thru the correct part, it decided to go too far and try bore out the steel ball's seat as well. Seats don't seal when they are gouged up by a wayward drill bit. I tried several things to get it smooth so it would seal but to no avail. So I ordered the parts from mcmaster.com so I could do it the right way. (I got all my other parts locally before)

After placing the order I realized that stainless steel is MUCH harder than brass... So I got a 4mm socket to fit inside the grainger valve and smacked it with a hammer really hard a bunch of times. I made the seat smooth again and the valve works/seals perfectly now. I guess I get to have 2 MBC's now.

Guest bastaad525

that's not a bad thing... just put a switchable solenoid between the two, with whatever kind of switch you like in the cockpit (under the throttle pedal, button on the shifter, whatever) and have you're high and low switchable boost settings...