HybridZ

Something different to do

Guest Lee Smith

Guest Lee Smith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 87 Mazda B2000 with a decent cab & box, but a bad engine.

For something different to do. I am thinking of a SBC & AT, behind the cab & I have a few ??.

This forum seems like a good place for answers. You like something different to do.

1. Is the Diff as strong as the R200? Like stand the power of a stock SBC?

2. What is the shortest drive shaft do I dare use? I would like to extend the box. Ease excess to everything with a box cover to keep the weather off.

3. To keep the drive train as short as possible. Is there a way to join the AT directly to the diff & have it work?

4. If not 1 & 3. A R200 & Z suspension?

5. Will the Z suspension stand the extra weight? Add a extra spring, like a 300ZX spring next to the Z shock & spring?

6. The 300ZX suspension with a Z shock & spring in place of the shock?

I thinking more of the B2000 axel, because it would be easer to do. Even though the wheel base would be longer.

If the B2000 diff is not strong enough. The Nissan pickups have the same strong gears as the R200. ?? I do not have the Nissan pickup axel on hand

I have SBC & AT, on hand.

If not a SBC & AT, I have a 80 280ZX AT, on hand, but it is a driver that I am thinking of adding a 100 shot of NOS to, for something different to do.

1. Will the AT stand a 100 shot of NOS? I am thinking of shifting the AT manual. Adding NOS after the shift to 2ed. Again after the shift to 3ed.

2. Is NOS on/off that quick, &/or me. or should I let the AT do the shifting?

Thanks for any & all thoughts. E me please. olsmith@lvcta.com

Lee Smith

Guest Lee Smith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 01 or 02 there was a Nissan on eBay that had a V8 behind the cab.

It had 2 axles in the rear. The 1st looked close to the original position, the 2ed right behind.

I had thought of a GM V8 transaxle, but a good % of the weight looked to be behind the axle & I don't have 1 on hand.

A transaxle may show up before I get started.

With the B2000 axle, I was thinking that I would need 18" of drive shaft to

allow for spring flex.

With a R200 I would only need the slip & U joint, but much harder to do.

I have 280Z & 300 ZX rear suspensions on hand.

It sounds like the B2000 diff may be strong enough for a try.

If it brakes I can go to a 1/2 ton ??, or a R200 without much loss.

Thanks all for the input.

Lee