HybridZ

Help please, but warning its not my Z

Guest iamjackal

Guest iamjackal

Okay I purchased a 86 Toyota x-tra cab pickup for my daily driver. I love this truck, so light and so quick. Here is my problem though, sometimes when going into boost it jerks and jumps. Somtimes there is no problem but sometimes it does just that between 3 and 6 thousand rpm. Like I said sometimes its fine and other times not. I know this is a very vague reference so what can I tell you guys that will help me figure out the problem.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I am just going to throw this out here (if nothing else for you to rule it out) as it was a problem that I had with my car.

I was having trouble with my car jumping, jerking, surging, and stumbling and it turned out to simply be a case of cross-fire. My plug wires were cross sparking a few inches from the distributor. Take a quick peek at the condition of your wires just because.

Guest bastaad525

Yep... sounds very likely to me to be something like Nic describes... if not that... I'm almost positive it IS ignition related. My car was actually doing something very similiar earlier today. I checked and cleaned and redid ALL of the connections on my car that had anything to do with ignition, and surely enough the problem went away. A lot of times problems like this on a Z are solved by cleaning other connections too, say, the connections at the ECU.